Adventist Adventurer Awards/Steps to Jesus
|Steps to Jesus|
- 1 Understand the steps to salvation:
- 2 Read and discuss with an adult four of the following Bible stories on conversion/salvation:
- 3 Memorize John 3:16, Acts 16:31, and 1 John 1:9
- 4 Spend a regular quiet time with Jesus.
- 5 Make a personal choice to accept Jesus as Saviour and Lord. Discuss your decision with a parent or club teacher.
- 6 External Resource
Understand the steps to salvation:
Click on the link below to print the pdf file from Dow's Schoolroom.
- God Is Love - (1 John 4:8). God loves me very much (Jer. 31:3). God loves everyone (John 3:16).
- Recognize I am a sinner - Everyone does wrong and is a sinner, thus everyone needs salvation because sinners will die forever (Rom 3:23).
- Believe Jesus Can Save Me - God sent Jesus to die so I wouldn’t have to die forever (John 3:16). Then He rose again as my Saviour (1Cor. 5:3, 4). When I Receive Jesus, all my sins will be forgiven (Isa. 1:18; Ps. 51:7-11; 1 John 2:1, 2)
- Salvation is a Gift God Gives Me - I must personally ask Jesus to be my Saviour (John 1:12) God hears me when I pray.
- I Have Accepted Jesus, I have become a new person, one who doesn’t want to do wrong because I love Jesus and Jesus loves me (John 3:3-7; 2 Cor. 5:17).
- Jesus Is My Saviour - I can be sure that I am saved when I have asked Jesus to be my Saviour (John 3:26; Heb. 13:5). Because I am sinful, I will still make mistakes. But I if I confess my sins to Jesus, He will forgive me and remove my guilt completely (Jer. 31:34). God wants me to confess to others who are hurt by my actions (1 John 1:9) and make restitution to them (Luke 19:8), and then totally turn away from sin (John 8:11).
I use different resources to teach the steps of salvation. One of then is the wordless book - http://www.hslaunch.com/mypage/downloader.php?file=userfiles/0/11840226842.pdf&id=2924
Read and discuss with an adult four of the following Bible stories on conversion/salvation:
- The Ethiopian converted (Acts 8:26-40)
- Naaman washed clean (2 Kings 5)
- Jesus loves children (Matt. 19:13-15
- The lost coin, sheep and son (Luke 15)
- Zachacus (Luke 19:1-10)
- Jailer converted (Acts 16:21-34)
Memorize John 3:16, Acts 16:31, and 1 John 1:9
Spend a regular quiet time with Jesus.
You may combine this Awards with Builder Requeriment My God III, His Power in My Life.
Make a personal choice to accept Jesus as Saviour and Lord. Discuss your decision with a parent or club teacher.
- Trace around your foot on paper and decorate any way you like, including the words of commitment: I _____(your name) have taken my first steps to Jesus today___________(date) with ________________(adult witness’ name).
- Show the foot (commitment response to a club teacher, to receive a certificate and award patch.
Adventurer Manual KFW Adventurers
Wordless-book-nesting-cans-song - Wordless-book-nesting-cans-song