Adventist Adventurer Awards/Birds
- 1 Name five birds you see around your home.
- 2 Name your state bird.
- 3 Name three kinds of bird food.
- 4 Draw a picture of a bird, then use a mixture of bird seeds to fill it in.
- 5 Make a pine cone bird feeder and hang it in your yard. Tell how many birds come to feed from it.
- 6 Name two birds mentioned in the Bible.
- 7 Know two bird sounds and pretend you are that bird.
- 8 External Resources
Name five birds you see around your home.
Texas - Blue Jay, Blue Bird, Cardinal, Hummingbird, Mockinbird, Sparrow.
Name your state bird.
- humming Bird
- British Columbia - Steller's Jay
- Alberta - Great Horned Owl
- Saskatchewan - Sharp-tailed Grouse
- Manitoba - Great Grey Owl
- Ontario - Common Loon
- Quebec - Snowy Owl
- New Brunswick - Black-capped Chickadee
- Nova Scotia - Osprey
- Prince Edward Island. - Blue Jay
- Newfoundland - Atlantic Puffin
- Yukon Territory - Common Raven
- Northwest Territory - Gyrfalcon
- Nunavut Territory - Rock Ptarmigan
- Alabama -Yellowhammer
- Alaska - Willow Ptarmigan
- Arizona - Cactus Wren
- Arkansas - Mockingbird
- California - California Valley Quail
- Colorado - Lark Bunting
- Connecticut - Robin
- Delaware - Blue Hen Chicken
- Florida - Mockingbird
- Georgia - Brown Thrasher
- Hawaii - Nene
- Idaho - Mountain Bluebird
- Illinois - Cardinal
- Indiana - Cardinal
- Iowa - Eastern Goldfinch
- Kansas - Western Meadowlark
- Kentucky - Cardinal
- Louisiana - Eastern Brown Pelican
- Maine - Chickadee
- Maryland -Baltimore Oriole
- Massachusetts - Chickadee
- Michigan - Robin
- Minnesota - Common Loon
- Mississippi - Mockingbird
- Missouri - Bluebird
- Montana - Western Meadowlark
- Nebraska - Western Meadowlark
- Nevada - Mountain Bluebird
- New Hampshire - Purple Finch
- New Jersey - Eastern Goldfinch
- New Mexico - Roadrunner
- New York - Bluebird
- North Carolina - Cardinal
- North Dakota - Western Meadowlark
- Ohio - Cardinal
- Oklahoma - Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
- Oregon - Western Meadowlark
- Pennsylvania - Ruffed Grouse
- Rhode Island - Rhode Island Red
- South Carolina - Great Carolina Wren
- South Dakota - Ring-necked Pheasant
- Tennessee - Mockingbird
- Texas - Mockingbird
- Utah - Common American Gull
- Vermont - Hermit Thrush
- Virginia - Cardinal
- Washington -Willow Goldfinch
- West Virginia - Cardinal
- Wisconsin - Robin
- Wyoming - Western Meadowlark
Name three kinds of bird food.
Striped sunflower seed
Draw a picture of a bird, then use a mixture of bird seeds to fill it in.
Make a pine cone bird feeder and hang it in your yard. Tell how many birds come to feed from it.
What You Need
- Pine Cone
- Peanut Butter
- Bird Seed
- Find a large pine cone.
- Tie a three to four foot piece of yarn around the top of the pine cone for the hanger.
- Mix two tablespoons of peanut butter with two tablespoons of margarine.
- Spread the peanut butter and margarine mixture onto the pine cone.
- Pour some bird seed onto a plate or shallow dish and roll the pine cone in it.
- Place the seed-covered pine cones in the freezer for about an hour or until it is firm.
- Hang it outside in a tree!
Name two birds mentioned in the Bible.
Know two bird sounds and pretend you are that bird.
You may listen to the bird sounds in You Tube
Bird feeding Basic - Wild in the Woods