Adventist Adventurer Awards/Bible II
Earn the Bible I Award.
Instructions and tips for earning the Bible I honor can be found in the Busy Bee section.
Recite in order the books of the Old Testament.
The Old Testament has 39 books total, which consist of:
Pentateuch - 5 books Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
Historical Books - 12 books Joshua, Judges, Ruth, First Samuel, Second Samuel, First Kings, Second Kings,First Chronicles, Second Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther.
Poetic books- 5 books Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
Prophetic books- 17 books
- Major Prophets - Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel
- Minor Prophets - Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk,Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi.
We play the game "Get it Right" using the Old Testament flash cards
- Divide the group in two and give each group a set of flash cards.
- Ask the children to organize them in the right order
- The winner will be the group who finish first and have the cards in the right order.
We also sing The Old Testament Song to help children memorize books of the Bible.
Tell or act out the following Bible stories
A good site to find Christian skits for children is Christian Skits and Bible Dramas
- a. Noah Noah Builds the Ark
- b. Abraham God calls Abram
- c. Moses Moses Talks with God
- d. David David and Goliath
- e. Daniel Daniel in the Lion Den
Read or listen to a Bible story.
You can find bible stories in different formats for children on the Bible for Children website.
Children Calvary Chapel is also a good site for Old Testament stories
Memorize and explain three of the following verses about living for Jesus
|Exodus 20:11-17 (NIV)|
|:11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
|Philippians 4:13 (NIV)|
|I can do everything through him who gives me strength|
|Philippians 2:13 (NIV)|
|For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.|
1 John 2:1,2
|1 John 2:1, 2 (NIV)|
|My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.|
|Jude 24 (NIV)|
|To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy|
Play games to help the children enjoy and retain the Bible stories.
These are great games to help your Adventurers to learn their memory verses
- Write each word of the Memory Verse on a separate piece of paper.
- Hide the individual words around the room.
- Ask the children to find the words and lay them out in the correct order.
- Recite the Memory Verse.
- Repeat several times.
- Divide the class into two or three groups.
- Have the groups stand in lines at one end of the room. A teacher will stand at the other end of the room.
- Give the first child in each line a paper plate holding a feather or die-cut shape made from tissue paper.
- When the teacher says Go!, the children with the plates walk to the other side of the room, recite the Memory Verse to the teacher, return to the original line, and pass the plate to the next child. If the feather or shape falls off the plate, the child starts over.
- Continue until all have learned the Memory Verse.
Old Testament and New Testament Event and Scripture Matching - Download in here
Teach them Diligentely - Game