Adventist Adventurer Awards/Bible Royalty
- 1 Memorize Psalm 100:4.
- 2 Name 5 Bible kings. Which kings were the best rulers and why?
- 3 Tell the stories about 2 of the kings as the children act out the stories.
- 4 Name at least 4 queens in the Bible. Why are these queens important.
- 5 Write a story about queens and read it to the class.
- 6 Make two of the following:
- 7 Games
- 8 External Resources
Memorize Psalm 100:4.
|Psalm 100:4 (NIV)|
|Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.|
Name 5 Bible kings. Which kings were the best rulers and why?
- First king – Saul;
- second king – David;
- third king – Solomon.
- Joash was seven years old when he started his reign;
- Josiah was eight when he became king,
- King Jesus
These are just a few examples, list more if possible. (a). Use costumes, crowns, throne chair, etc. if possible.
Tell the stories about 2 of the kings as the children act out the stories.
Name at least 4 queens in the Bible. Why are these queens important.
- Queen of Sheba
Dress-up is possible, even on a campout. Tent flies, table clothes, newspapers, and more create great capes or other accessories. Shiny stones, short branches and more make the palace memorable!
Write a story about queens and read it to the class.
Make two of the following:
- A throne room using a shoe box - cardboard-tube-castle
- Make crowns and explain what decorations mean to the king - Metallic crown
- Decorate a chair for a king
- Make a mural of a throne room
1-2-3-Queen (Red Light / Green Light)
One is chosen as the Queen/King/ This child stands with his back against the wall/end of camp. The other children are lined up against the opposite wall/side of camp. The king/queen turns to face the wall and shouts "David." The other players move quickly towards the King/Queen but beware, as soon as the he/she turns around and shouts "Saul", they must stop and remain still. If they are not completely still, the queen/king sends them back to the starting point. The first child to reach the queen/king becomes the next royalty.
Designate one child to be "it" and have him try to "tag" the others. When he does, children become statues. Other players may rescue the players standing as statues by passing under their arms.
Child of the King Crafts Pinterest