Adventist Adventurer Awards/Environmentalist
Recite Genesis 1:26. Explain our role in protecting wildlife.[edit | edit source]
|Genesis 1:26 (NIV)|
|Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."|
Discover your responsibility to helpcare for God’s world.
List three animals that are endangered and explain why.[edit | edit source]
List three birds that are endangered and explain how you can help protect birds.[edit | edit source]
Study endangered trees in your area. Plant or adopt a tree.[edit | edit source]
In your area[edit | edit source]
- a. What causes pollution, and list ways you can prevent pollution.
- b. Investigate how and why the pollution happened.
- c. Explain how you can keep from polluting water.
- d. What dangers threaten the quality of air.
Participate in one of the following community activities to help clean the environment[edit | edit source]
- a. Take part in Earth Day events
- b. With your group help clear the trash from a roadside or stream
- c. Help collect paper, cans or other materials for recycling.
Earth Day Creation Lapbook Lapbook Cover
External Resources[edit | edit source]
Adventurer Manual - http://www.kfw-adventurers.org/HelpingHand/Grade_04_Environmentalist.pdf
Endangered and Threatened Species of Texas - http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/endang/index.phtml
Texas Endangered Species Activity Book- http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_w7000_0023.pdf