Adventist Adventurer Awards/Fire Safety
Jump to navigation Jump to search
What should you do if your clothes catch on fire?[edit | edit source]
- Stop: Stop where you are. Don’t run!
- Drop: Drop to the ground.
- Roll: Cover your face with hands & roll over and over to smother the flames.
What should you do if there is smoke in your house and it’s hard to breathe?[edit | edit source]
- Crawl low under smoke where the air is fresher and cooler.
- Get out fast. Do not stop to rescue pets or personal possessions.
- Feel the door with the back of your hand. If the door is hot, use another escape route.
- Go directly to your meeting place outside.
- Call 9-1-1 from a neighbor’s home.
- Stay out! Never go back inside for any reason.
Memorize your phone number and street address.[edit | edit source]
What phone number do you call if there is a fire? What do you tell the person who answers the phone?[edit | edit source]
9 - 1 - 1
- In case of fire, get out of the house immediately and go directly to a neighbor’s house and dial 9-1-1.
- Provide as much information as possible. Name and your address.
- Stay on the line until the emergency operator advises you to hang up.
Visit a fire department.[edit | edit source]
Watch this Safety Tip Video