Adventist Adventurer Awards/Home Helper
- 1 Assist with two of the following chores
- 2 Set the table and help do the dishes four times in one week.
- 3 Make your bed and help to clean your room for three weeks
- 4 Demonstrate your ability to do two of the following
- 5 Be responsible for emptying the wastebaskets or trash container for one week. Separate all recyclable materials.
- 6 Discuss the following and learn to
- 7 Listen to the story of one of these children who helped
- 8 External Resources
Assist with two of the following chores
- a. Laundry
- b. Preparing a meal
- c. Washing the car
- d. Grocery shopping
Set the table and help do the dishes four times in one week.
The way to remember the silverware order:
- The fork stands alone on the left side of the plate
- The knife protects the spoon from the fork on the right side.
Also download this pdf item "Setting the table from Nutrition.wsu.edu
Make your bed and help to clean your room for three weeks
- 1. Gather Supplies
Choose bed linens that are comfortable and beautiful for you. If you like the way a bedskirt makes your room look, then by all means grab your favorite. If you're more minimalistic in your bed linen approach, that's fine too. A bed that is made, however simply, is still a major improvement over a mass of pillows and blankets.
- 2. Remove Used Linens
Take off the used linens and put them in the laundry. Shake out any mattress pads, pillow protectors, and comforters that don't need to be laundered.If you use a bed skirt and it needs to be laundered, remove and replace it.
- 3.Put the Bottom Sheet On
If your bottom sheet is fitted, simply slip the corner pockets onto the ends of the bed and adjust the fitted sheet around the perimeter underneath the mattress pad and mattress. If your bottom sheet is flat, arrange the sheet so that 1 foot of sheet hangs over the edge of the top of your bed. Beginning with the sides of the bed create hospital corners and fold under the mattress and mattress pad. Continue on each side, creasing and folding as you go.
- 4.Add the Top Sheet
Place the top sheet evenly on the bed, and fold under with hospital corners only at the end of the bed. I like to leave the sides untucked, making it easier to get into the bed, but if it is a guest bed that is only rarely used, or you're a stickler about folding under, you can tuck under the sides as well. Just remember your comforter, quilt, or duvet will likely cover up the little bit of sheet hanging down.
- 5.Add a Blanket, Comforter, or Duvet
Smooth your choice of blanket evenly over the top of the bed, smoothing the edges as you go.
- 6.Add Pillows
To place pillows under the blanket, fold the top sheet down over the blanket. Place pillows flat on the top sheet at the head of the bed. Fold blanket over the pillows towards the head of the bed, and smooth. Pillows can also be laid upright against the head of the bed. Do what makes the bed have that finished look that you love.
- 1.The more days in a row you make your bed, the faster you'll be at it. Before long, you'll rival the fastest bed makers around.
- 2.Rotate your pillowcases twice a week, and your bottom sheet once a week. These items get the most wear and tear.
- 3.Use mattress pads and pillow protectors to lengthen the time needed between laundering and protect your linens and mattress.
Demonstrate your ability to do two of the following
- a. Vacuum the carpet or beat a rug
- b. Dust furniture
- c. Sweep or mop
Be responsible for emptying the wastebaskets or trash container for one week. Separate all recyclable materials.
Discuss the following and learn to
- a. Dust window sills
- b. Remove spider webs
- c. Wash windows
- d. Clean woodwork
- e. Separate all recyclable materials
Listen to the story of one of these children who helped
- b. Namaan’s servant girl - http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Poems/ByDate/1364_Naamans_Servant_Girl/
Etiquete for children "Setting the Table" by Lisa Pietsch. September 6, 2005
Handipoints is a great place to create and print charts, worksheets, arts and craft, etc.
How to make a bed By Sarah Aguirre, About.com Guide. Retrieve May 11, 2010
KFW Adventurers Adventurer Manual