Adventist Adventurer Awards/Friend of Jesus
|Friend of Jesus|
Tell a friend about Jesus and how good He is to you.[edit | edit source]
Invite a friend to a meeting at your church.[edit | edit source]
With adult help, prepare a devotional or a prayer to be given at Sabbath School, a club meeting or school.[edit | edit source]
Visit a shut-in or older person from your community. Take him/her a picture or card you have made.[edit | edit source]
Tell why you should be kind to animals.[edit | edit source]
Attend a baptism and discuss what it means.[edit | edit source]
Downloadable book Baptism for kids.pdf Answering the Question - Why do people get baptized?
Explain what it means to be a friend of Jesus and name five of Jesus’ friends listed in your Bible.[edit | edit source]
- Being friends with Jesus means allowing yourself to be defined by Him. (Mt 16:13-23)
- Being Jesus' friend means hearing Him say, "Don't be afraid." (Mt 17:7)
- When Jesus is your friend you are certain there is Someone in your life who understands your fragileness, struggles and hurts. (Heb 2:18)
- When Jesus is your friend you know you will never be excluded by your failures or shortcomings. (Rom 8:38)
James the Greater
James the Lesser
Jude the Apostle,
Be able to say a prayer at mealtime and one at bedtime.[edit | edit source]
Samples of Prayers:
- Children's Mealtime Blessing
- God is great!
- God is good!
- Let us thank Him
- For our food.
- -- Traditional
- Father, We Thank Thee
- Father, we thank thee for the night,
- And for the pleasant morning light;
- For rest and food and loving care,
- And all that makes the day so fair.
- Help us to do the things we should,
- To be to others kind and good;
- In all we do, in work or play,
- To grow more loving every day.
- -- Rebecca Weston - 1890
Speak kindly to your family and friends. Discuss how being kind to others is also being a friend of Jesus.[edit | edit source]
External Resources[edit | edit source]
Baptism to Kids- Special Connection Home School