Please note: The information provided in this section refers to DVX. DVX2 was released in 2011 and contains many new features not described here yet. For up-to-date information please refer to the Atril website
Manual with chapters, subchapters and appendix for DéjàVu X.
How to[edit | edit source]
- How do I get started?
- How to use SQL for maintaining databases and checking finished translations
- How to use the Build Lexicon option
- How to deal with embedded codes
- How to assign toolbar buttons to the Filter on Selection feature
- How to proceed when your translation fails to export or exports incompletely
- How to proceed when DVX asks for the MS Office installation cd and you do not have it at that moment
How to handle different file formats[edit | edit source]
- How to tackle the DOC format (Microsoft Word)
- How to tackle the FLA format (Macromedia Flash)
- How to tackle the ITD format (SDLX)
- How to tackle the RTF format (Microsoft Word)
- How to tackle the RTF format (Trados)
- How to tackle the SWF format (Macromedia Flash)
- How to tackle the XLS format (Microsoft Excel)
FAQ[edit | edit source]
- What patches exist for DVX?
- Where do I get DVX Editor?
- How to restore the AutoSearch/File Navigator window?
- Does DVX run on Mac or Linux too?
- What sets DVX apart from other CAT-tools?
- Does DVX support voice recognition input?
- Where or how can I get the DVX Editor?
- How to make the interface look normal?
- deal with USB dongle problems
- get File Navigator or AutoSearch - Portions windows back
- get file navigator or autosearch portions found windows back
Issues/bugs[edit | edit source]
How to report bugs. (A bug is not a suggested improvement. Use the Wishlist below for that.)
How to reply to bug reports (for Atril only).
If you want to add a new bug, use this template.
- Assemble: Multiple Assemble Matches do not show all options
- Assemble: Numbers messed up during Assemble operation
- Assemble: EBMT not working as expected
- Interface: Focus lost after spell check
- Interface: Portions found window emptied on spell check
- Portions found: Order of target terms lost after conversion of TDB from DV3
- Portions found: Order of target terms not maintained when working with several TDB's
- Specific languages (Japanese): Scan function
- Specific languages (Japanese): Portions Found window
- Specific languages (Japanese): Auto-propagate
- Specific languages (Japanese): Import from Microsoft Word
- Numerals check: numerals check does not work
Known bugs needing more comments from Atril
(Use this category for bugs that have already been commented on at least once by Atril, and which need a dialogue with Atril to be able to pin-point the issue.)
(With comments from Atril Software. The issue is clarified and will hopefully be solved in the next build.)
- External View: Duplicate rows not suppressed
- Interface: Windows have disappeared
- Portions found: Words not found
- Spell Check: Freeze on UPPERCASE
- Symbols: Slashes: import and export issues
(These bugs are solved or can only be solved by third parties.)
Wishlist[edit | edit source]
- AutoSearch - Portions
- AutoSearch - Sentences
- Import - External View
- Export - External View
- Import - TDB
- Import - MDB
- Import Filters
- MDB Interface
- Project Interface
- Project Properties
- Search and Replace
- Selection Filters
- Spelling Check
- TDB Interface
Links[edit | edit source]
Pointers to sites with good solutions for famous problems
Third party tools[edit | edit source]
- CodeRemover: an open source macro suite to remove rogue codes from Word documents
- Macro ToolWorks macros for DéjàVu
- AutoHotkey macros for DéjàVu
- Auto-it macros for DéjàVu