ਖਰੀਦਦਾਰੀ - Go Shopping[edit | edit source]
Shopping is a common activity that everyone goes through in their daily lives. Sample these conversations in different situations.
At the Store[edit | edit source]
At the store you look for the articles on the racks, choose from them and buy some. Before you buy and pay for them you are likely to enquire about their quality, alternatives available or the prices they carry.
Samita, in this conversation is looking up the racks at the departmental store. She wants to buy Lux or Peers soap. She asks for Lux as the sales girl comes up to help her. She next asks for Peers soap as the sales girl points to the Lux. The sales girl points to the Peers soap too. After enquiring about the prices, she orders for Peers soap.
- Samita: Can I have Lux soap?
- Sales girl: Yes, Lux is there.
- Samita: Is Peers soap also available?
- Sales girl: Yes, here is Peers soap.
- Samita: What is the price of Lux?
- Sales girl: Its price is thirty rupees and that of Peers soap is fifty rupees.
- Samita: I shall have Peers soap.
At the Jewellery shop[edit | edit source]
Samita and Raj are shopping at the Jewellery shop. Samita asks for a nose stud. The Jeweller shows her diamond studded nose stud. Raj however asks for some designer nose studs. The jeweller shows them Nakshatra and Asmi nose studs. Samita opts for Nakshatra nose stud. Here goes the conversation.
- Samita: Please show me a nose stud.
- Jeweller: This nose stud has a diamond.
- Raj: Do you have designer nose studs?
- Jeweller: This nose stud is by Nakshatra and this one by Asmi.
- Samita: I will have this one by Nakshatra.
At the Bank[edit | edit source]
You deposit money, encash cheques, buy drafts or remit money to others at the Bank. In this conversation Samita wants to deposit five thousand rupees as well as the cheque she is carrying into her account. She also wants to transfer ten thousand rupees to her mother's account. The manager guides her to fill up relevant forms to make deposits and transfer money to her mother's account.
- Samita: I want to deposit five thousand rupees in my account.
- Manager: Please fill up this form and deposit the money.
- Samita: I want to deposit this cheque also into my account.
- Manager: Please deposit this the same way as cash.
- Samita: I will also transfer ten thousand rupees into my mother's account.
- Manager: You may fill up this form for that.
- Samita: Thanks.
At the Restaurant[edit | edit source]
Samita and Raj decide to enjoy a meal together in the Friends restaurant. They order pasta, juices and coke. Sample these bits of conversation as the bearer approaches the duo.
- Samita: Please bring us two pastas.
- Raj: Please bring two cans of fresh juice first.
- Samita: I shall rather have coke please.
- Bearer: I will presently serve the order.