||A reader requests expansion of this book to include more material.
You can help by adding new material (learn how) or ask for assistance in the reading room.
||A reader requests that the formatting and layout of this book be improved.
Good formatting makes a book easier to read and more interesting for readers. See Editing Wikitext for ideas, and WB:FB for examples of good books.
Please continue to edit this book and improve formatting, even after this message has been removed. See the discussion page for current progress.
Here you can find algorithms and examples of source code for drawing fractals.
Multiplatform, open source and free tools are suggested.
Try to disjoin computing parameters from creating images ( it can slow the program but makes it easier to understand the algorithm ).
If it is possible make one-file programs.
- Introductory Examples
- Computer graphic techniques
- Iterations of real numbers : 1D
- Iterations of complex numbers :2D
- Rational maps
- Iterations of Chebyshev polynomials
- Complex quadratic polynomials
- Dynamical plane : Julia and Fatou set
- Julia set
- Fatou set
- Basin of attraction of superattracting fixed point (infinity) : exterior of all Julia sets and interior of some Julia sets
- Interior of Julia sets:
- Basin of attraction of attracting periodic/fixed point - Koenigs coordinate
- Local dynamics near indifferent fixed point/cycle
- Parameter plane and Mandelbrot set
- Exterior of Mandelbrot set
- Mandelbrot set
- Topological model of Mandelbrot set : Lavaurs algorithm and lamination of parameter plane
- The Buddhabrot.
- exponential families
- trigonometric families
- The Newton-Raphson fractal
- Rational maps
- Quaternion Fractals : 3D
- Iterated function systems
- Nonlinear IFS
- Flame fractals
- Links to other fractal learning resources on the web