Wikijunior:Asia/Jordan

From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
< Wikijunior:Asia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Asia on the globe (Asia centered).svg
Flag of Jordan.svg Jordan

Jordan is a country where the Dead Sea is located

Where is Jordan?[edit]

Jordan is located north to Syria , northeast to Iraq, southeast to Saudi Arabia

How many people live in Jordan?[edit]

There are estimation of 6.5 million populations based on 2012 census.The majority population of Jordanians are Arabs (98%), with small populations of Circassians, Armenians, and Kurds making up the remaining 2%.

What are the most common languages in Jordan?[edit]

Jordan's official language is Arabic. English is the most commonly used second language and is widely spoken by middle and upper-class Jordanians.

What is the most common religion in Jordan?[edit]

92% of Jordanians are Sunni Muslim, and Islam is the official religion of Jordan. About 6% of Jordanians are Christians - mostly Greek Orthodox, with smaller communities from other Orthodox churches. 2% of population practices other faiths

What is the sport of Jordan?[edit]

Jordanians are practicing rugby as their sports

What are some important sites?[edit]

Lowest point (1971) in Jordan

Dead Sea - Dead Sea is a lake located between Jordan and Israel which the salt content are among the highest in the world which enable one to float effortlessly on the lake. It is the place where the one of the most world lowest point (below sea level) of the world is located .


Petra Treasury Entrance

Petra - It is an archeological site which was carved directly into vibrant red, white, pink, and sandstone cliff faces. The most popular one that are shown in Indiana Jones Film are the Treasury Entrance

Map of Asia.svg
  Wikijunior:Asia edit

Afghanistan Armenia Azerbaijan Bahrain Bangladesh Bhutan Brunei Burma Cambodia China Cyprus Georgia India Indonesia Iran Iraq Israel
Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Lebanon Malaysia Maldives Mongolia Nepal North Korea Oman Pakistan Flag of Palestine.svg Philippines Qatar
Russia Saudi Arabia Singapore South Korea Sri Lanka Syria Taiwan Tajikistan Thailand Timor-Leste Turkey Turkmenistan United Arab Emirates Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen