Handbook of Management Scales/Employee empowerment
Employee empowerment (alpha = 0.81)[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Through a detailed analysis of the literature, twelve constructs of integrated quality management strategies were identified: top management commitment, customer focus, supplier quality management, design quality management, benchmarking, SPC usage, internal quality information usage, employee empowerment, employee involvement, employee training, product quality, and supplier performance. Using a survey of 371 manufacturing firms, the constructs were then empirically tested and validated. For this purpose a confirmatory factor analysis approach was used.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Our line workers inspect the quality of their own work; inspection is not the responsibility of an inspector.
- Line workers are encouraged to fix problems they find.
- Line workers are given the resources necessary to correct quality problems they find.
- Line workers have technical assistance available to them to help them solve quality problems.
- A problem solving network is available to line workers in solving quality related problems.
Source[edit | edit source]
- Ahire et al. (1996): Development and Validation of TQM Implementation Constructs. Decision Sciences, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 23-56.