Handbook of Management Scales/Statistical process control usage
Statistical process control (SPC) usage (alpha = 0.80)
Through a detailed analysis of the literature, twelve constructs of integrated quality management strategies were identified: top management commitment, customer focus, supplier quality management, design quality management, benchmarking, SPC usage, internal quality information usage, employee empowerment, employee involvement, employee training, product quality, and supplier performance. Using a survey of 371 manufacturing firms, the constructs were then empirically tested and validated. For this purpose a confirmatory factor analysis approach was used.
- SPC is used extensively in our plant.
- SPC has been effective in improving the quality of our primary product.
- We will continue to use SPC in the manufacture of our primary product.
- Production workers are well-trained in SPC.
- Ahire et al. (1996): Development and Validation of TQM Implementation Constructs. Decision Sciences, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 23-56.