Handbook of Management Scales/Benchmarking
Benchmarking (alpha = 0.91)[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Through a detailed analysis of the literature, twelve constructs of integrated quality management strategies were identified: top management commitment, customer focus, supplier quality management, design quality management, benchmarking, SPC usage, internal quality information usage, employee empowerment, employee involvement, employee training, product quality, and supplier performance. Using a survey of 371 manufacturing firms, the constructs were then empirically tested and validated. For this purpose a confirmatory factor analysis approach was used.
Items[edit | edit source]
- We are engaged in extensive benchmarking of competitors’ products that are similar to our primary product.
- Our benchmarking activities have reduced costs.
- We have engaged in extensive benchmarking of other companies’ business processes in other industries.
- Benchmarking has helped improve our product.
- We will definitely continue benchmarking.