Handbook of Management Scales/Design quality management
Design quality management (alpha = 0.74)[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Through a detailed analysis of the literature, twelve constructs of integrated quality management strategies were identified: top management commitment, customer focus, supplier quality management, design quality management, benchmarking, SPC usage, internal quality information usage, employee empowerment, employee involvement, employee training, product quality, and supplier performance. Using a survey of 371 manufacturing firms, the constructs were then empirically tested and validated. For this purpose a confirmatory factor analysis approach was used.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Our design engineers are required to have some shop floor experience.
- Our design engineers are required to have some marketing experience.
- We use Taguchi methods extensively.
- We use error prevention techniques such as Shingo in designing the manufacturing process.
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD) is used in the design of our primary product.
- There are engineers from other functional departments on a design team.