Handbook of Management Scales/Internal quality information usage
Internal quality information usage (alpha = 0.80)[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Through a detailed analysis of the literature, twelve constructs of integrated quality management strategies were identified: top management commitment, customer focus, supplier quality management, design quality management, benchmarking, SPC usage, internal quality information usage, employee empowerment, employee involvement, employee training, product quality, and supplier performance. Using a survey of 371 manufacturing firms, the constructs were then empirically tested and validated. For this purpose a confirmatory factor analysis approach was used.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Scrap rates of our primary product are readily available.
- Rework rates of our primary product are readily available.
- Cost of quality data concerning our primary product is readily available.
- Quality information is displayed at most of the work stations.
- Progress toward quality-related goals is displayed in our plant.
- Information about defects is conveyed to the appropriate workstations.
Source[edit | edit source]
- Ahire et al. (1996): Development and Validation of TQM Implementation Constructs. Decision Sciences, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 23-56.