Cookbook:Easy Peach Cobbler
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Easy Peach Cobbler|
|Time||½ hour prep, ½ hour to bake|
Easy Peach Cobbler[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 5 fresh peaches, sliced
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt margarine in quart size baking pan or dish. Set aside.
- Mix baking powder, flour, sugar, and milk.
- Pour this over the melted margarine and do not stir.
- Place peaches over mixture
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and Variations[edit | edit source]
- If camping, or if fresh peaches are not in season, you can use a #2 (½ size) can of sliced peaches, drained.
- If using a Dutch oven, preheat with about 15 charcoal briquettes, with 10 or 11 on the top and 4 or 5 on the bottom (for the 12-inch size).
- If possible use a 1.5-inch deep, 1.5 to 2-quart baking dish, I have used almost the same recipe ingredients using a (drained) 15-16 ounce can of peaches or 2 cups of cut peaches; one does not want to clean the oven because of product overflow, does one?