Cookbook:Sweet Peach Cobbler
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1/2 cup (about 120 ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cornstarch
- 4 cups (950 ml) sliced peaches
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (about 240 ml) flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup (about 120 ml) milk
- Slice and peel peaches.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in a mixing bowl
- Stir in peaches and lemon juice, forming a sugary-brown syrup.
- Heat, and bring to a boil, until it thickens. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish, and put into the oven.
- Mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir, until well mixed.
- Add shortening, and cut with a pastry blender until well mixed.
- Add milk. A dough ball will form.
- Remove casserole dish from the oven. Add dough ball in spoon-sized dollops on top of fruit.
- Return to oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until topping turns brown.