This page contains useful information about the Wikibooks project.|
While this is not a listing of rules or policies, it contains information about an important Wikibooks process, custom etc. This page should be helpful to our users; please let us know if it is not.
The Wikibooks community decided to allow administrators to grant and revoke the patroller and rollbacker permissions. For administrator, bureaucrat and CheckUser access, see Wikibooks:Administrators. For bot access, see Wikibooks:Bots.
Admins have the trust of the community, and use their discretion when granting or revoking these rights. Requests are made at WB:RFP, where any admin can grant the right if they choose to. Declined requests should be explained and archived for later perusal. Granted requests will be logged at Special:Log/rights, and may be archived into the history.
The following are very loose
guidelines ideas for granting and revoking the tools - they are not a big deal. Admins are responsible for making good decisions regarding which users get the tools. Admins are absolutely not to wheel war with user rights - those admins which do will not be permitted to change user rights.
- User understands and applies rollback, Wikibooks:Dealing with vandalism and Wikibooks:New page patrol
- User is a vandal fighter and currently reverts incorrect edits
- User has not edit warred
- User has no history of blocks
- User has not had +rollback revoked (admin discretion on whether to give another chance)
Process for revoking rights
- For +rollbacker
- User gets one warning, then +rollbacker is revoked on the spot by any admin