Wikibooks:Requests for permissions
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions|
|Requests for Permissions Archives|
All rights available on Wikibooks are handled here, including autoreview, reviewer, importer, uploader, administrator (and interface administrator), bureaucrat, CheckUser, pseudo-bot, and bot flags. A nomination must demonstrate how the project will benefit from granting the rights.
- To nominate a user (including yourself), add their username to the appropriate section below. Please explain why you feel the nominated user would be a good choice. All registered Wikibookians may comment, and provide arguments in support or opposition. For the bot flag, technical information about the bot may be requested. See the specific requirements for each type of access on their respective pages.
- Consensus does not need to be demonstrated —though discussion is welcome— in granting autoreview, reviewer, importer, and uploader flags. Administrators may use their best judgement in granting those. Interface admin was historically part of the administrator tool set and is granted on request to administrators. All other tools require community consensus and can only be granted by bureaucrats. Access to CheckUser is governed by CheckUser policy. After about one week, if there is consensus to grant access, then a bureaucrat will make it so and record the fact here. If not, a bureaucrat may refuse to grant the rights and the request will remain until a consensus is reached.
- 1 Removal of permissions
- 2 Requests for permissions
- 2.1 Ayutac (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Autoreviewer)
- 2.2 Texvc2LaTeXBot (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (bot flag)
- 2.3 大诺史 (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Autoreview/Autopatrolled)
- 2.4 DannyS712 (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Reviewer)
- 2.5 WolfgangFahl (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Reviewer)
- 2.6 Debanshu.Das (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Autoreviewer)
Removal of permissions
|Note: You may request removal of your own rights at meta:Steward requests/Permissions. Requests to remove others' rights should be placed here, whether due to inactivity, or abuse. Proposals for the removal of advanced permissions (included admin and bureaucrat rights) are governed by the WB:ADMIN policy. A minimum discussion of one month is required to remove an admin or bureaucrat for inactivity.|
Requests for permissions
| Note: When adding nominations, please use the format
Texvc2LaTeXBot (bot flag)
Hi, I'm from commons & zh.wiki. I would like to request to have the autopatrolled permission as I am here to change images/files (usually png -> svg, gif/jpg -> png). As you can see, commons is currently changing the table images of chemical elements from png format to svg format, so I will be active here to make the necesary changeds. By giving me this permission, my edits can be autoreviewed and backlog on the "to be reviewed" edits will be reduced. 大诺史 (discuss • contribs) 05:13, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- Comment We've kept up with these so far, I think. These are all to Wikijunior, I believe. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 12:01, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
I would like to resolve https://github.com/jscad/OpenJSCAD.org/issues/446. The committers of the OpenJSCAD project don't know how to proceed in being able to get their pages to a "reviewed" stage. I did a few edits and I don't know any reviewer who could do the work. I could do it might self but i don't edit any other WikiBooks content. You'll just see me on Wikipedia and more on semanticmediawiki.org. --WolfgangFahl (discuss • contribs) 13:42, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, @WolfgangFahl:. A few thoughts.
- Reviewing edits on English Wikibooks is something we do mainly as a counter-vandalism measure. We get to things when we get to them, and though we prefer to do so sooner when possible, it doesn't greatly hurt anything if we don't get to it for a while. It isn't something that should be an administrative concern for some other project (as with the external page you link to). Wikibooks is, after all, a collaborative project.
- We prefer to limit review privileges to users who have enough experience with English Wikibooks to be familiar with the local culture. Our autopromotion criteria usually suffice.
- --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 14:10, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
- Also I'd note that you can just ask any administrator or reviewer to have your pages reviewed. Leaderboard (discuss • contribs) 08:42, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
Please allow me to be autoreviewer so that I can upload the changes I have made. I am about to make a pdf version of the book and some portions remain unreviewed. Hence I ask for this permission. Debanshu.Das (discuss • contribs) 16:58, 5 June 2019 (UTC)