Wikibooks:Requests for permissions
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions|
|Requests for Permissions Archives|
All rights available on Wikibooks are handled here, including reviewer, importer, uploader, administrator, bureaucrat, CheckUser, pseudo-bot, and bot flags. A nomination must demonstrate how the project will benefit from granting the rights.
- To nominate a user (including yourself), add their username to the appropriate section below. Please explain why you feel the nominated user would be a good choice. All registered Wikibookians may comment, and provide arguments in support or opposition. For the bot flag, technical information about the bot may be requested. See the specific requirements for each type of access on their respective pages.
- Consensus does not need to be demonstrated in granting reviewer, importer, and uploader flags. Administrators may use their best judgement in granting those. All other tools require community consensus and can only be granted by bureaucrats. Access to CheckUser is governed by CheckUser policy. After about one week, if there is consensus to grant access, then a bureaucrat will make it so and record the fact here. If not, a bureaucrat may refuse to grant the rights and the request will remain until a consensus is reached.
- 1 Removal of permissions
- 2 Requests for permissions
- 2.1 Christopherwoods (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Reviewer)
- 2.2 PokestarFanBot (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Bot and autoreview)
- 2.3 Mathmensch (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (version deletion of my userpage)
- 2.4 MaintenanceBot (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Bot)
- 2.5 Artix Kreiger (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Reviewer)
- 2.6 DPMaid (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Bot)
- 2.7 Artix Kreiger (discuss · contribs · count · logs · block log · rfp · rights [change]) (Importer)
Removal of permissions
|Note: You may request removal of your own rights at meta:Steward requests/Permissions. Requests to remove others' rights should be placed here, whether due to inactivity, or abuse. Proposals for the removal of advanced permissions (included admin and bureaucrat rights) are governed by the WB:ADMIN policy. A minimum discussion of one month is required to remove an admin or bureaucrat for inactivity.|
Requests for permissions
|Note: When adding nominations, please use the format
Hello, I don't yet meet the criteria for auto-reviewer privs but I have a long contribution history to WP since 2006. (Summary of my activity across WP on via WMFLabs.) I would like to contribute edits and approve suitable submissions in the pending queue.
- I'm reluctant because to my mind, 492 WP editions don't represent a significant experience and in addition, our reviewers need to read the local policy. JackPotte (discuss • contribs) 10:05, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
- Wait Moreover, each sister has cultural differences because of its particular task, and smaller sisters especially have to beware of importing culturally mismatched habits from outside (especially from Wikipedia, since it's the largest sister); so we prefer that our reviewers gain some local experience, to acclimate to our local culture, before granting them the review bit. I recommend you relax and take your time to get the feel of how Wikibooks is a different place. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 11:07, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
- All understood. I'd like to think that I'm sensitive to context. I edit and work in various house styles as an occupation. If ~500 contributions to the larger sister site is not considered sufficient experience, I'm happy to relax by the pool for a while.(P.S. - if 492 != 'sufficient', what is?! :-) Chris W. (talk) 13:35, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
@Christopherwoods: If you really want to use auto-review then wait the 16 days. Also, you do not seem to be using Wikibooks anymore, so this is a stale request. PokestarFan • Talk • Contributions 19:31, 6 October 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'm not a daily contributing user, but I've been increasingly using the site as a consumer recently to the point where I've wanted to actively contribute reviews, corrections etc. I'll continue to do so to demonstrate future suitability. Chris W. (talk) 13:35, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Christopherwoods: The autopromotion criteria are meant to ensure, besides good faith and general wiki experience, hands-on experience with Wikibooks so the user is likely to have picked up by osmosis a sense of the particular character of Wikibooks. The criteria are listed at WB:Reviewers#Automatic criteria; usually, I think, the last criterion a user satisfies is 8 edits spaced 2 or more days apart. I honestly don't know whether or not non-content-space edits count for that criterion; if they do count, you have 4 out of the 8 so far (24 August 2011, 24 September 2017, 29 September 2017, 17 October 2017), if they don't count then you have 3 out fo 8 so far (because 29 September 2017 edit was to project space rather than mainspace). So that should give you some perspective on how close to/far from autopromotion you are. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 14:49, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
PokestarFanBot (Bot and autoreview)
Mathmensch (version deletion of my userpage)
I would like to use MaintenanceBot to clean up import issues in Principles of Microeconomics. Immediate needs are internal and external link cleanup, file / image additions from the original source, and perhaps page navigation. As there are 80 or so pages to edit, it may be easier if these changes can be ignored in the Recent Changes log. See Global contributions for the stability of MaintenanceBot. It is only run supervised, never autonomously. -- Dave Braunschweig (discuss • contribs) 15:09, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support Based on v:Special:Contributions/MaintenanceBot. JackPotte (discuss • contribs) 16:07, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
- I'm okay with this. Perhaps worth remarking (in an abundance of caution) that en.wb doesn't remove local interwikis once they're on wikidata; we're happy to have the information in both places. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 19:42, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support - Bot has done good work on en.wikiversity. --Atcovi (Talk - Contribs) 11:50, 14 November 2017 (UTC)
Artix Kreiger (Reviewer)
- Your wish has been granted just before your message. JackPotte (discuss • contribs) 20:13, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
- wait, I don't get it. Why was I auto-promoted just now? I see the requirements and it says 8 edits at least 2 days apart form each other. I think my edits would have been achieved a few days ago. Artix Kreiger (discuss • contribs) 20:15, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
Artix Kreiger (Importer)
Excuse the boldness but I am requesting either 1) a direct import or 2) importer rights. This is to import en:Morgoth. If this is suitable, then ok I will bring it over to Guide to The Lord of the Rings/Characters/Morgoth.