Hello! My username is Thereen and I am a casual, sporadic editor. I believe in being bold, assuming good intentions, Featured Books, content, structure, Language Projects, and attempting neutrality. I am looking forward to contributing to wikibooks by organizing, splitting, moving, general spiffing up. In short, I like making small changes to produce better free books.
It should be noted that my bias leans "left" on most everything, and while I recognize and try to suppress this bias, it will inform my opinions, actions, edits and interests in ways both subtle and not so subtle.
|Search user languages|
- Transwikis needing a home: cut from 143 to 100, through inclusion or deletion.
- Splitting: cut from 229 to 180.
- Stubs: 465 to 440, through transwiki inclusion, transwiki requests and research.
- Attention Needed: 139 to 130, target Costume History, Bartending, Transwikis, etc.
- Lonely Pages
- Short Pages
Long term projects
- Canadian LGBT History: dewikifying, planning out sections, finding sources.
- LGBT Young Adult Literature: expansion
- Introduction to English Literature: expansion, transwiki, images.
- Canadian History: Needs images, content (transwiki?), re-evaluation.
- Subject: History (target "freshly started" (read:mostly abandoned) wikibooks)
- Westward Expansion
- The Holocaust
- Feminism (great potential)
- A Researcher's Guide to Local History Terminology (renaming, splitting, reorganizing)
- Patterns Of Screen Writing/User:OrenBochman (an interesting book that should be expanded. Source: Save the Cat?)
- Homeopathy / Field Remedies / Agriculture / Growing Edible Sprouts / Horticultural Gardening Tips > Horticulture (cleanups, expansions, pictures, potential merging?)
- Category:Subject:Youth literature (check, expand?)
- Basic Writing (check)
- Costume History (pictures, editing) / Corset (expand)
- French (read, learn, expand vocab section)
- Bicycles (check, images, expand, organization?) (review)
- American Sign Language (transwikis, re-organize for growth, expand content, multi-media inclusion)
- Sexual Health (check, images, include non-hetero information) / Human Sexuality and Gender (read)
- Parkour (check spelling and grammar, add images, NPOV)
- w:LGBT History (World/Canadian/USA/) / American LGBT Literature / American LGBT History
Books to Read
Writing: History of Historical Writing | How to Write a Research Paper in History | How to Write an Essay | Writing a Good Book for Children | Writing a Research Paper | Professional and Technical Writing | Rhetoric and Composition | Writing Better University Essays | Composition | Creative Writing | Urban Calligraphy | Writing Adolescent Fiction | Literary Criticism
Technology: History of Computers | Programming:PHP | Computer Animation | Using Firefox | Linux For Newbies | Algorithms | Internet Technologies | Non-Programmer's Tutorial for Python | CSS Programming | MySQL | HTML Programming | Computer programming | Game Design and Programming | PHP and MySQL Programming | Software Engineering | Robotics | Non-nerds Guide to Computers | Teaching Computer Literacy - From the Beginning | PHP and MySQL Programming
Misc.: Armour | How To Run A Newspaper | Amateur Radio Manual | Bicycles/Maintenance and Repair | Movie Making Manual | Writing Effective Songs | Origami | Rebuilding Civilization from Scratch | Football (Soccer) | Bookbinding | Study Skills | How to Make a Comic
Nineteen Eighty-Four | American Literature (Add Content) | Ancient History (Expand information) | Modern History (Expand information) | History of Technology (Expand content) | AP Computer Science
- Antiracist Activism for Teachers and Students (chapters created, formatted)
- Ancient China (split)
- Pakistani Studies (split, dewikified)