Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A discussion of what art is and can be, and what we mean by "art history" - a brief summary of the book.
- Aboriginal art works, European "cavemen" artworks such as the drawings at Lascaux and Cauvet.
- Egyptian, Greek and Roman (including Early Christian) Art, and their effects on the development of Art.
- Artworks from the European Middle Ages, including Gothic Art and Panel Painting.
- Including such artists as Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo.
- All major artworks, movements and artists from the 18th Century, including the Rococo movement and Neoclassicism.
- One of the biggest centuries in artistic history was the 19th century, with major movements such as Impressionism and Realism.
- Modernism, Post-Modernism, Surrealism, Cubism and all other artists and movements from the 20th century and the early 21st century.
- A Glossary and compendium of artistic theory to help the reader gain a wider knowledge of art history.
- Participants helping to develop this text.