Cookbook:Spelt Yellow Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Spelt Yellow Cake|
|Time||prep: 20 minutes|
baking: 60 minutes
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | United States | Dessert | Cake
A recipe for a spelt cake, an ancient-wheat alternative to yellow cake.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (240 g) butter
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 2 cups (450 g) sugar
- 3 cups (650 g) spelt flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 pinches salt
- 4 eggs
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually sift in the dry ingredients, alternating with small additions of the milk.
- Transfer to a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F), until a skewer inserted shows no moist crumbs; approximately 30 minutes.