Quick and Easy Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (14-16 oz.) of peeled, diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (aka coriander leaf, Mexican parsley)
- 3-6 fresh serrano chili peppers (the more the spicier; start with 3)
- 1/2 fresh chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper and/or garlic to taste (optional)
- Have your blender (or food processor) ready
- Chop the onion very finely, drop in blender
- Wash and chop the cilantro, removing only the very bottom of the stem, drop in blender
- Wash and chop the chile peppers, drop in blender
- Open the canned tomatoes, add to blender
- Add the salt
- Blend slowly, to thoroughly mix ingredients; do not completely blend
Serve chilled, with a meal, as a dip for corn tortilla chips, as a garnish, etc. Can be easily stored in a closed container in refrigerator for a week or ten days.
Note: Be very careful not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth after chopping or handling the chili peppers, the pain can be intense. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling.