Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 can (14–16 oz) of peeled, diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (aka coriander leaf, Mexican parsley)
- 3–6 fresh serrano chili peppers (the more the spicier; start with 3)
- ½ fresh finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of pepper and/or garlic to taste (optional)
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Add onion to blender.
- Wash and chop the cilantro, removing only the very bottom of the stem. Add to blender.
- Wash and chop the chile peppers, then add to blender.
- Open the canned tomatoes, add to blender.
- Add the salt.
- Blend slowly, to thoroughly mix ingredients; do not completely blend.
- Serve chilled, with a meal, as a dip for corn tortilla chips, as a garnish, etc.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Can be easily stored in a closed container in refrigerator for a week or ten days.
- Be very careful not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth after chopping or handling the chili peppers, the pain can be intense. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling.