Jump to navigation Jump to search
These Cake brownies are somewhat less dense and almost cake-like compared to ready made mixtures one would buy from a store.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (6¾oz - 2.4 dl) sugar
- ½ cup (4¼oz - 120 g) butter or cream
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- ¾ cup (6¼oz - 180 g/1.8 dl) flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup (4¼oz - 120 g/1.2 dl) chopped walnuts or other nuts (optional)
- Leave out butter until the butter becomes room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 9" x 9" square pan
- Whisk eggs until light in a medium sized bowl.
- Then add sugar, melted butter, and cocoa. Mix well.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and nuts. Mix with Rubber Spatula well.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" (23cm x 23cm) greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 °F/175 °C/450 °K (Gas Mark 4).