From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
These Cake brownies are somewhat less dense and almost cake-like compared to ready made mixtures one would buy from a store.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (6¾oz - 2.4 dl) sugar
- ½ cup (4¼oz - 120 g) margarine or cream
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- ¾ cup (6¼oz - 180 g/1.8 dl) flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup (4¼oz - 120 g/1.2 dl) chopped walnuts or other nuts (optional)
- Beat eggs until light.
- Add sugar, melted margarine, and cocoa. Blend.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" (23cm x 23cm) greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 °F/175 °C (Gas Mark 4).