Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||Prep: 15 minutes|
Baking: ½ hour
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Line a buttered baking dish with slices of plain stale cake or bread.
- Combine the rhubarb and 4 tbsp sugar, and add to the dish.
- Cover and bake in a moderately slow 325°F (160°C) oven for about 30 minutes.
- Make a meringue of the egg whites by whipping until very stiff, gradually beating in the ½ cup sugar.
- Remove pudding from oven and cover with the meringue.
- Return to a slow oven to brown the meringue.