Cookbook:Raspberry Ripple Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Dessert
|Raspberry Ripple Cake|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1⅜ sticks (175 g / 6.2 oz) unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- ¾ cup (175 g / 6.2 oz) superfine sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 1¼ cups (175 g / 6.2 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 raspberries
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (374 °F). Grease and line a 20 cm (7.9 in) round cake tin.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl, until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture to make a batter.
- Puree the raspberries in a blender.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin.
- Pour the raspberry puree over the batter, and swirl the mixture with a skewer to create a rippled effect.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted comes clean.
- Transfer the cake to the wire rack and leave it to cool.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar.