Cookbook:Raspberry Ripple Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Raspberry Ripple Cake|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 175 g (6.2 oz) (1⅜ sticks) unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 175 g (6.2 oz) (¾ cup) caster or superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 175 g (6.2 oz) (1¼ cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 raspberries
- Icing or powdered sugar, for dusting
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (374 °F). Grease and line a 20 cm (7.9 in) round cake tin.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl, until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Fold the flour and baking powder into the mixture.
- Puree the raspberries in a blender.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin.
- Pour the raspberry puree.
- Swirl the mixture with a skewer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted comes clean.
- Transfer the cake to the wire rack and leave it to cool.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar.