Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Vegetarian Cuisine | Holiday Recipes | Dessert
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 firm, ripe pears peeled, cored, and sliced (2½ pounds)
- 12 ounces cranberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup sliced almonds
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup flour
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss pears, cranberries, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in a 9x9-inch baking dish until blended.
- Combine oats, almonds, brown sugar, butter, flour, and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl. Blend with fingertips.
- Sprinkle crumble over fruit and pat down lightly.
- Bake until pears are tender and topping is golden, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Try baking in a 15-inch Dutch oven—place on 12 briquettes, and top with 19 briquettes. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, checking crisp after 30 minutes.