Cookbook:Passover Apple Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Passover Apple Cake|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
This is like a coffee cake and can be served as dessert or a snack. It uses no flour and is therefore kosher for Passover.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Cake[edit | edit source]
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¾ cup matzo cake meal
- 5 apples, peeled and sliced (Granny Smiths are best)
Topping[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and oil until the mixture is light.
- Add the cake meal and mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture into a lightly-greased 8–9-inch square baking pan.
- Distribute half the apples over the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apples, and cover with the remaining apples.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 1 ½ hours.