Cookbook:Dole Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dole Pineapple Upside-Down Cake|
|Time||Prep: 30 minutes|
Baking: 45 minutes
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Dessert
This is the original Dole-brand recipe for pineapple upside-down cake.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 large can (~397 g / 14 oz) crushed or sliced pineapple
- 2 cups (275 g / 9.7 oz) flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (160 g / 5.6 oz) butter or butter substitute
- 1 cup (225 g / 7.9 oz) sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ cup (125 ml / 4.2 fl oz) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180 g / 6.3 oz) brown sugar
- Maraschino cherries, to garnish
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Drain the juice from the can of pineapple.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Sift again with baking powder and salt.
- Cream ½ cup (125 g / 4.4 oz) butter in another bowl, then gradually add sugar; cream well.
- Beat the yolks and whites of eggs separately. Add the yolks to creamed mixture and mix well, then add flour and milk alternately, mixing well.
- Fold in the egg whites and vanilla.
- Melt the rest of butter in large frying pan.
- Spread the brown sugar over the pan.
- Add pineapple. If sliced is used, place slices closely together on the sugar; if crushed, simply pour in the well-drained fruit.
- Pour cake batter over fruit.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 °F (177 °C).
- Turn upside-down on serving dish and garnish with maraschino cherries.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- The cookbook has other pineapple upside-down cake recipes.