Cookbook:Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake|
|Servings||8 (2 cookies each)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Cooking spray buttermilk pancake mix 2½ cups 325 100% semi-sweet chocolate chips ½ cup 91 28% sugar ⅓ cup 66.67 20.51% sour cream ½ cup 115 35.38% vanilla extract ½ teaspoon 2.1 0.65% water ½ cup 118.5 36.46% sugar ¼ cup 50 15.38% cinnamon ¼ teaspoon 0.65 0.2% finely chopped nuts ½ cup 58.5 18% Total 827.42 254.59%
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use cooking spray to lightly coat an 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- Combine baking mix, chocolate chips and (⅓ cup) sugar and stir until barely mixed.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, and water, and mix well.
- Spoon into 16 2-inch dough balls.
- Place dough balls 2 or 3 inches apart in pan.
- Combine remaining (¼ cup) sugar, cinnamon, and nuts and mix well.
- Sprinkle nut mixture over dough balls.
- Bake until golden brown, about 24-26 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and Variations[edit | edit source]
- Walnuts are REAL good in this recipe.
- If using a Dutch oven, heat with about 15 briquettes of charcoal, with 9 or 10 on the top, and 5 or 6 on the bottom.
Conversion notes[edit | edit source]
- Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved. Cooking spray not converted. Used chopped walnuts weight.