Cookbook:Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake|
|Servings||8 (2 cookies each)|
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Cooking spray 2½ cups buttermilk pancake mix 325 100% ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 91 28% ⅓ cup sugar 66.67 20.51% ½ cup sour cream 115 35.38% ½ teaspoon vanilla extract 2.1 0.65% ½ cup water 118.5 36.46% ¼ cup sugar 50 15.38% ¼ teaspoon cinnamon 0.65 0.2% ½ cup finely chopped nuts 58.5 18% Formula 827.42 254.59%
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use cooking spray to lightly coat an 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- Combine baking mix, chocolate chips and (⅓ cup) sugar and stir until barely mixed.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, and water, and mix well.
- Spoon into 16 2-inch dough balls.
- Place dough balls 2 or 3 inches apart in pan.
- Combine remaining (¼ cup) sugar, cinnamon, and nuts and mix well.
- Sprinkle nut mixture over dough balls.
- Bake until golden brown, about 24-26 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and Variations[edit | edit source]
- Walnuts are REAL good in this recipe.
- If using a Dutch oven, heat with about 15 briquettes of charcoal, with 9 or 10 on the top, and 5 or 6 on the bottom.
Conversion notes[edit | edit source]
- Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved. Cooking spray not converted. Used chopped walnuts weight.