Cookbook:Cherry-Berry Jumble Fruit Pie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cherry-Berry Jumble Fruit Pie|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup canned sweet cherries with juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1¼ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¾ cup fresh blackberries
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 store-bought or homemade pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside.
- Add water to juice if necessary to make ½ cup liquid.
- In a large saucepan, mix together cherry juice, sugar, cornstarch and flour. Stir until smooth, then cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add fruit, preserves and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Place 1 crust in a 9-inch (23 cm) pie pan or plate. Spoon in fruit filling.
- Cut several slits in the middle of the second crust and place it over the filling.
- Crimp the edges, and brush with melted butter.
- Bake until the pie is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so the time may vary.