Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||prep: 20 minutes|
baking: 60 minutes
A traditional American recipe for a 1-2-3-4 cake, a simple form of yellow cake. The name comes from the list of basic ingredients that follow below:
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 4 eggs
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup (240 grams (8.5 oz)) butter
- 1 cup (240 milliliters (8.1 US fl oz)) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (450 grams (16 oz)) sugar
- 3 cups (400 grams (14 oz)) flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 pinches salt
- 4 eggs
Procedure (brief)[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 °F)
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, ensuring the batter is well mixed after each egg.
- Gradually sift in the dry ingredients, alternating with small additions of the milk.
- Transfer to a greased and floured baking pan.
- Bake at 175 °C (350 °F), until a skewer inserted shows no moist crumbs.
Procedure (detailed)[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
You will need these things:
Method[edit | edit source]
2. Cream the butter and sugar together.