Lingwa de planeta
This is a free wikibook on the Lingwa de planeta constructed language or conlang (Lidepla for short).
The authors will be glad to receive some contribution, like your opinion in the talk page, or some improvements of English in the text, or some ideas for exercises.
The book will consist of ten lessons, each containing some grammar explanations, translation exercises, a short text with comments and some useful conversational phrases. You will find some information about one of the languages on which the Lidepla conlang is based and read a fragment of Antoine de St. Exupéry’s The Litte Prince in that language (with transcription). There will also be a wordlist taken from that language.
- Lidepla language: characteristic features.
Alphabet and pronunciation.
- Lesson 1. Simple sentence
- Basic verb form and personal pronouns.
Negation, questions and answers, emphasizing particle 'ya'.
Past tense and future tense particles.
Language in focus: English.
- Lesson 2. Compound sentence
- Pronouns as an object.
Question words, indication words.
Emphasizing particles "hi" and "ku".
Etiquette: "Where are you from?"
Language in focus: Chinese.
- Lesson 3. Nouns and adjectives
Verb "bi / es / bin"
Adjective as an attribute
Verbs of availability (ye, yok, hev)
Possessive adjectives and pronouns.
Particles "gro-" and "-ki"
Etiquette: "Good afternoon!", "How are you?"
Language in focus: Spanish and Portuguese
- Lesson 4. Verb particles
- Expression of commands, requests, wishes
Action time specification
Etiquette ("Thank you!", "Pardon?")
Language in focus: Arabic
- Lesson 5. Expression of number
- Exact number (Numerals)
Periods of time
Etiquette: question about age
Language in focus: Hindi
- Lesson 6. Adverbs; comparison; different class words function
Adjectives and verbs functioning as nouns
Nouns with the doer and object meanings
Nouns relating to qualities
Language in focus: Russian
- Lesson 7. The system of compound pronouns and adverbs; prepositions and adverbs of situation and motion
- Compound-pronoun system
Etiquette ("How do I get to...?")
Language in focus: Japanese
- Lesson 8. Verb structures
- Special verbs
Language in focus: German
- Lesson 9. Word formation
- Prefixes, suffixes
Language in focus: French
- Lesson 10. Systematic vocabulary
- Prezi presentation "Introduction to Lidepla"
- Main site
- Site "Lideplandia" (learning materials, forum, blogs)
- Lidepla wiki (mostly Lidepla library)
This wikibook is a translation of the corresponding Russian book.