Cookbook:Southern Barbecue Ribs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 slabs St. Louis style/cut pork spareribs
- 6 tbsp Barbecue Rub
- 1 cup Kansas City Barbecue Sauce
- Apple wood chunks
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Season ribs with Rub. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place chunks into the firebox of a 250° smoker or the coal area of a 250° charcoal grill set for indirect heat.
- Place ribs into food box or on top of the grate of the charcoal grill, cover, and cook, basting with sauce often for 5-6 hours.
- Brush sauce generously on top and bottom of ribs then place on a medium high grill, continually brushing with sauce until well browned, then flip and repeat 1 more time. Place remaining sauce into a squirt bottle. Meanwhile, remove ribs and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with sauce in a squirt bottle.