Cookbook:Pineapple Side Dish
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pineapple Side Dish|
Hot Pineapple Side Dish is a casserole of pineapple with cheese.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 (20-ounce) (about 600 ml) can pineapple chunks
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅔ cup coarsely crushed saltines (14 crackers)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175C).
- Grease a 1½ quart (1½ liter) baking dish.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving ¼ cup juice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour.
- Add the butter and 1 cup cheese; mix well.
- Gently stir in pineapple.
- Pour into a prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on top; drizzle with reserved pineapple juice.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.