Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 Pillsbury pie crusts
- 4 fresh Bartlett pears
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2½ tablespoons cornstarch
- lemon juice (of ½ lemon)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Core, peel, and slice the pears into ¼ or ⅛-inch segments.
- Add the lemon juice to the pear segments.
- Transfer excess juices to the pie pan.
- In a separate boiling pot, set the water and white and brown sugar to boil to make a simple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and cornstarch.
- When the syrup is done boiling, bring all of the ingredients together.
- Arrange one of the pie crusts on top of the pie pan.
- Add the pear filling into the pie pan.
- Cover the filling with the other pie crust and make three slits on top.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out the pie and set to cool.
- If desired, serve warm with ice cream or frozen custard.