Cookbook:Peanut Curry Sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Peanut Curry Sauce|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¾ cup (about 170 mL) roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- 4 cups (about 1 L) coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp. (about 30 mL) red curry paste
- 2 tbsp. (about 30 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp. (about 45 mL) lemon juice
- 3 tsp. (about 15 mL) fish sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Chop or grind peanuts into a fine meal.
- Heat half the coconut milk in a medium saucepan on high heat, and add red curry paste. Stir until curry paste is dissolved and then continue to heat on high for 10 - 12 minutes (not stirring) until the oil from the coconut milk has risen to the top.
- Decrease heat to medium-high and add ground peanuts. Stir and add the rest of the coconut milk, bring to a full boil then decrease heat, add the sugar, lemon juice and fish sauce.
- Continue to cook (stirring occasionally) for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and the oil has risen to the surface again.
- Take off heat and let set for about half an hour. Stir to blend in the oil that has risen, the sauce should be not quite as thick as peanut butter. If it seems too thick add about a teaspoon of water or coconut milk.