Cookbook:Thai Red Curry Paste
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Red curry paste)
Thai red curry paste (Thai: phrik kaeng phet) is a spicy paste commonly used to make curry dishes.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
For 3–4 tablespoons:
- 12 small, chopped red chiles
- 1 branch of lemongrass
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of trassi (shrimp paste)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Grind the red chiles, garlic, lemongrass, and onion in a mortar.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the oil, and keep grinding to make a fluid paste.
- Mix in the oil. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.