Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 5 medium white onions, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups powdered pancake mix
- parsley sprigs, for garnish
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Separate the sliced onions into rings.
- Combine milk, eggs and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
- Soak onion rings in mixture 30 minutes.
- Place pancake mix in shallow bowl.
- Remove onion rings from milk mixture then dip in pancake mix.
- Deep-fry rings in 375°F (190°C) oil until golden brown.
- Drain fried onion rings on paper towels.
- To create an onion loaf, continue with the following steps:
- Pack fried onion rings loosely, without pressing, into 8" X 4" loaf pan.
- Bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn onto serving plate and garnish with parsley.