Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 tortillas
- about ¼ cup (30 mL) meltable shredded cheese (typically Monterey Jack cheese, but others are okay). It binds the Quesadilla together once heated.
Fillings To Taste (At least one)
- sarza criolla
- chili peppers
- Chopped tomatoes and cilantro
- Cooked meat or seafood
- avocado or guacamole
- Fresh spinach--washed and torn into small pieces
- Black beans--canned, rinsed and well drained
Toppings To Taste (Optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Place one tortilla on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with half the cheese. Sprinkle on fillings as desired. Spread remaining cheese over the toppings, and place second tortilla on top. Place in microwave on high power for 30-60 seconds (or until cheese is melted and fillings are warm). Add desired toppings and enjoy.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- You are not limited to those fillings/toppings listed. However, ensure they can be thoroughly cooked/warmed in the short time necessary to melt the cheese.