Cookbook:Microwave Chocolate Pudding
|Microwave Chocolate Pudding|
Microwave Chocolate Pudding is a pudding made with sugar, milk, unsweetened cocoa powder and thickened with cornstarch. It is prepared in a microwave.
- 1/3 cup (80g) granulated sugar or "Splenda" (R) sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups (480ml) of whole, 2%, 1%, or skim milk. Soy milk may also be used.
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or imitation vanilla
- In a 1-qt microwave-safe bowl, but NOT a metal one, mix the dry ingredients--the sugar, the unsweeetened cocoa powder, the corn starch, and the salt.
- Add the cold milk and mix well with a small wire whisk or an electric mixer until all the cocoa lumps have dissolved.
- Microwave in the bowl, on high (100%) power, for 3 minutes. Stir well.
- Microwave, again on high power, for an additional 4 to 6 minutes, stirring after each minute of cooking.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave oven and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the result into 4 small custard cups and chill before serving.
Notes, tips and variations
A microwave-safe lid--NOT metal--can be placed, slightly ajar, on the bowl while the pudding is cooking. This will prevent the pudding from splattering all over the microwave.
- Keep a close watch on the pudding during the actual cooking, as it can easily boil over.