From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 1/2 pounds (675 g) of ground beef
- 1 cup Ritz crackers
- 2 beaten eggs
- 8 ounces (225 g) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Pound the Ritz crackers until fine like bread crumbs.
- Mince the onion finely.
- In a separate bowl, add the meat and the other ingredients and mix with your hands until the ingredients are all mixed together and the mixture is smooth.
- Grease a glass baking pan with vegetable shortening.
- Put the meat mixture in the pan and shape like a football.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Take out the meat loaf and serve warm.