Cookbook:Mandarin Orange Cake
This low-fat cake recipe is very common with unique variations. The cake is simple to make and does not require you to start from scratch. All the ingredients can be found at your local grocery stores.
- One box of yellow cake mix (approximately 1 lb. & 2.25 ounces or 500 grams)
- One 11 ounce (312 grams) can of mandarin oranges
- Three medium size eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit (180°C). If using non-stick baking pans, still need to grease sides and bottom with shortening and cover surface lightly with flour. Pour yellow cake mix into mixing bowl. Add eggs and mandarin oranges (including its juice). Do not need to add oil, margarine, or butter. Blend until moistened and beat for approximately 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour mix evenly into baking pans. Bake approximately 30 minutes or per cake mix instruction (inserted toothpick into center comes out clean). Remove from oven and let the cakes cool.
- One box of instant vanilla pudding mix (5.1 ounces or 144 grams)
- One 20 ounce (567 grams) can of crushed pineapples
- One 12 ounce (340 grams) container of CoolWhip, found in the frozen section
Scoop CoolWhip into a clean mixing bowl. Add the instant vanilla pudding mix. Drain all the pineapple juice from the can of crushed pineapples and fold into CoolWhip. Mix all the ingredients evenly, do not use a blender. For better results, chill icing for about 30 minutes.
After the cake cools, frost each layer with your icing. Each serving is approximately 275 calories with about 4 to 5 grams of fat. Like everything else, moderation is always best.