Cookbook:Mandarin Orange Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mandarin Orange Cake|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Dessert | Cake
Mandarin orange cake is a common low-fat cake recipe with unique variations. The cake is simple to make and does not require you to start from scratch. All the ingredients can be found at grocery stores in the United States.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Cake[edit | edit source]
Icing[edit | edit source]
- 1 box (5.1 oz / 144 g) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (20 oz / 567 g) crushed pineapple
- 1 container (12 oz / 340 g) CoolWhip or other whipped topping
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease the sides and bottom of cake pans with shortening, and dust with flour.
- Pour yellow cake mix into mixing bowl. Add eggs and the mandarin oranges plus their juice. Blend until moistened, then beat for approximately 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared baking pans. Bake approximately 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let the cakes cool completely.
- Scoop CoolWhip into a clean mixing bowl. Add the instant vanilla pudding mix. Drain all the pineapple juice from the can of crushed pineapples, and fold the pineapple into CoolWhip. Chill icing for about 30 minutes.
- After the cakes cool, frost each layer with your icing.
Nutrition[edit | edit source]
- Each serving is approximately 275 calories with about 4–5 grams of fat.