Cookbook:Hot Pineapple Side Dish
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Hot Pineapple Side Dish|
Hot Pineapple Side Dish
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅔ cup coarsely crushed saltines (14 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 1½-quarts baking dish.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving ¼ cup juice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour.
- Add the butter and 1 cup cheese; mix well.
- Gently stir in pineapple.
- Pour into a prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on top; drizzle with reserved pineapple juice.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.