- 2 cups cooked hominy grits
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven 350F (175C).
- In a large bowl combine hominy grits, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, butter, and sugar if using.
- In another bowl beat 2 eggs thoroughly, then add milk and mix together completely.
- Add egg and milk mixture to dry ingredients.
- Grease 1 large bake dish, or 2 loaf pans.
- Pour mixture in bake dish or 2 loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 35 minutes, or until golden brown, or knife inserted in bread comes out clean.
This bread is best eaten warm for breakfast with butter or honey.