Cookbook:Cream Cheese Wontons
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cream Cheese Wontons|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer or pour into a deep skillet on high temperature.
- While oil is heating, lay out as many wrappers as you plan to use. Have a small bowl of water nearby to wet your fingers.
- Put a small dab of cream cheese in one corner of each wrapper, about ½ inch from the edges. Use about 2 tsp for larger egg roll wrappers or 1 tsp for smaller wonton wrappers.
- Using your fingers, wet the two edges nearest the cream cheese, then fold the other half down and seal the edges, making a triangle shape. Seal the edges tightly, but try to leave small gaps at the corners so the triangles will not expand so much that they burst.
- Drop several wontons into hot oil at a time. Turn over when the edges start to brown and cook for another minute or two.
- Set on paper towels to drain, then serve hot with sweet-and-sour sauce.