Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup shortening, melted
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- ½ of a 15 ounce can whole corn, drained (optional)
- ¼ onion, finely chopped (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease an 8 inch baking pan.
- Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, milk, and shortening.
- Beat until fairly smooth; about a minute.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If corn added to batter, increase time ~50%
- Serve hot!